Translate

Friday 5 July 2013

Wattpad FREE Promotion! The City is Silent


Hey guys! This week I have have the pleasure of promoting Midnightaria and her book The City Is Silent



To view her profile, click here or to go straight to her completed story, click here






Here is the summary:
After a car-accident leaves her mother paralysed from the waist-down, Grace isn’t sure if she can ever experience happiness again.
Change is the reason her mother is a different person; the reason her pianist father plays only bitter melodies and why her outgoing-self diminished to an introvert who cannot express herself verbally, but with artistic creations.
The times she spends scrawling in a sketchbook are moments she cherishes most. For that tiny amount of time, her broken life is forgotten -and, as impulsive as any other career decision, Grace knows she wishes to make it her future.
In order to embrace the competitive world of art, however, artists need to repeatedly alter their techniques and skills to match their opponents.
But how can somebody, so afraid of letting go, chase her unstable dreams?


And what about MidnightAria? Let's have a sneak peek at how and why she writes!



Name/Wattpad username/Pen name: Ramisa R or MidnightAria. You are welcome to call me Remy.

Country of Origin: Bangladesh, although I currently reside in the warm glory of Australia (so much sun!)

Place of inspiration: Anywhere, really. I can honestly write whenever or wherever I want, as I believe writing is more subjected to discipline rather than inspiration. However, if we're talking in terms of inspiration, I love reblogging things on tumblr (midnightaria.tumblr.com) of things that inspire me. Sometimes, when I click on my website, I find inspiration. :)

Current finished work(s): Currently, I have completed The City Is Silent and have uploaded it on Wattpad. I plan on completing Violet Ink before the end of this year.

Genre and why you like writing in this genre: The City Is Silent is literary fiction/coming of age fiction. Coming of age will forevermore be my favourite genre. Watching a character differentiate from the beginning of a book to the end (not always in a good way) is beautiful beyond words.

Published works of inspiration: Like the novels I write, I am also extremely fond of the coming-of-age genre. I simply love watching the main character change, in any situation, from the beginning to the end of a book. My favourite authors do just that: Siobhan Dowd, Maureen McCarthy and Kate McCaffrey. My favourite book of all-time is a non-fiction book written in the prose of a narrative (Joan of Arc, Lili Wilkison) which revolve around the actual adventures of Joan of Arc but told in a rich, engaging way.

Editing process: I actually tend not to edit until I've got my first draft, as editing gives me the "writer's doubt" and will result in an uncompleted manuscript.

Reaction of friends and family who have read your works: My family and friends don't read my works. My parents are too busy, and my friends in reality have a life (!). However, my internet friends are wonderful, beautiful supporters --they are my family and friends.

Anything planned for the future with your writing: I plan on writing many novels once my OP (senior years) are over. I am thinking of a main character with a mental illness, a science fiction story questioning humanity and a lighthearted comedy about the life of comedians (while also exploring the darkness in their lives).


Thank you for this opportunity to interview you and for wanting to promote! if anyone hasn't had the chance to check out Wattpad, do so now at www.wattpad.com :)

Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment